To borrow Overdrive library eBooks for use with your Apple iPad or iPhone you will need a library card in good standing, an email address, and an Adobe ID.
For the first time use:
- Navigate to the App Store on your iPad/iPhone
- Search for and Install the Overdrive Media Console
- Click on Free and then Install. You will be prompted for your Apple ID to install the app.
- Press the Overdrive icon to open the app.
- Upon first start-up enter your Adobe ID if you have one or choose to Create a new Adobe ID.
- Press the Get books button in the top right corner
- Press Add a library, search for your library (West Haven) and add it.
- You can now search for available Overdrive materials.
For downloading materials:
- Search for items compatible with the iPad, either in epub or PDF formats.
- When you’ve selected materials, save it to your cart. If it says add to wishlist, it means someone already has it checked out.
- When ready to check out, you will be prompted for your library card number, then confirm checkout.
- Press download to get the item. The item will then download directly in Overdrive App.
To return ebooks early
- Open the Overdrive app
- Press “edit” button in top left cover
- Press the red “Delete” button at the right of the item
- Press “return and delete”
Added feature on iPad:
You can also download apps for both the Kindle and the Nook and enjoy the books that you were reading on those devices on your iPad. As long as syncing is enabled, you can pick up wherever you left off on the Nook or Kindle on your iPad.
Download our print formatted iPad instructions as a PDF.